Summary[edit | edit source]
The Data Leech is a Hybrid Program that can be used in both Stealth and Brute Force Hacks to increase the speed at which resources are taken from Business Nodes. Data Leech can also be installed on a Core to increase the speed at which the Core's information is downloaded.
A node that has a Data Leech installed will show a revolving black/red light around it.
If the player is discovered during a Stealth hack while Data Leech programs are installed, they will be removed from the nodes. Any resources taken are kept, and the Core download will continue from the same point once the Core is captured. If the player successfully downloads the Core and chooses to commence a Brute Force attack, they will still need to capture the Core to fulfill the control win condition. During both types of hacks, installing more Data Leeches on a captured node will further shorten the download time.
When all the resources on a node have been drained, Data Leech will automatically uninstall itself.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
- Notes: While the Data Leech is technically allowed to upgrade at the Evolver levels displayed, the Capacity of B-coins that can be held at those levels may not be sufficient to purchase the upgrade.
More Info here: Max amount of B-coins at Core Level.
|1||28 / second||50%||B5|
|2||26 / second||55%||B10|
|3||24 / second||60%||B20|
|4||22 / second||65%||B30|
|5||20 / second||70%||B40|
|6||18 / second||75%||B50|
|7||16 / second||80%||B60|
|8||14 / second||85%||B70|
|9||13 / second||90%||B80|
|10||12 / second||95%||B90|
|11||11 / second||100%||B100|
|12||10 / second||105%||B110|
|13||9 / second||110%||B120|
|14||8 / second||115%||B130|
|15||7 / second||120%||B140|
|16||6 / second||125%||B150|
|17||5 / second||130%||B170|
|18||4 / second||135%||B190|
|19||3 / second||140%||B210|
|20||2 / second||145%||B230|
|21||1 / second||150%||B250|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A Level 1 Core takes around 30 seconds to download. Using a Data Leech on the Core when the time remaining is between 20 and 30 seconds will result in a full download.
- In stealth, multiple Data Leeches are not always more efficient (download boost/visibility cost). It is always best to install a single Leech on each node targeted until they are level 7. Scanners also influence the efficiency of Data Leeches, with higher level scanners requiring higher level Leeches before multiple is more efficient than one.
- A rough, rudimentary formula relating the amount of resources you can steal to amount of data leeches and scanner sensitivity is as follows. Note that this formula only covers the time when the leech is actively boosting the download: do not attempt to include installation time and/or reaction time in it. This is because this formula was made using Quantity = Rate * Time
- a is base exfiltration rate, in flat value (e.g. 20 B-coins per second would be 20)
- b is leech boost, in decimal form (e.g. 0.5)
- c is remaining visibility (e.g. 1000)
- d is scanner sensitivity, in decimal form (e.g. 5.2)
- e is data leech visibility cost (e.g. 20)
- x is amount of leeches (e.g. 1)
|Hackers Wikia - Programs List|