The Portal is a Stealth Program which instantly controls a node on a network, enabling you to start a Brute Force attack from that node. Once the Brute Force phase starts, the node is considered captured and will be attacked by the defending network. Similar to Wraith, the Portal deletes itself once installed.
- Notes: While the Portal is technically allowed to upgrade at the Evolver levels displayed, the Capacity of B-coins that can be held at those levels may not be sufficient to purchase the upgrade.
More Info here: Max amount of B-coins at Core Level.
|1||55 / Second||B160|
|2||50 / Second||B320|
|3||48 / Second||B480|
|4||46 / Second||B640|
|5||44 / Second||B800|
|6||42 / Second||B960|
|7||40 / Second||B1,120|
|8||38 / Second||B1,280|
|9||36 / Second||B1,440|
|10||34 / Second||B1,600|
|11||32 / Second||B1,760|
|12||30 / Second||B1,920|
|13||28 / Second||B2,080|
|14||26 / Second||B2,240|
|15||24 / Second||B2,400|
|16||22 / Second||B2,560|
|17||20 / Second||B2,720|
|18||18 / Second||B2,880|
|19||16 / Second||B3,040|
|20||14 / Second||B3,200|
|21||12 / Second||B3,360|
- Make your way to the node you wish to Portal by using Access programs.
- Portal can not be installed on Code Gates with an active filter. Use Wraith to disable them first.
- Nodes with Portal installed do not count as a netConnection, therefore Kraken can not be installed there.
- Depending on location, it is generally useful to portal on a node with plenty of program slots and high firewall, such as the Core or Black ICE, or a node with many connections to quickly advance.
- It is generally a high risk to Portal onto a chokepoint or any node with low firewall directly connected to a security node.
- Since a node with portal installed is considered captured, use this to your advantage by portaling on a security node - it may save you a Wraith or at least some precious time.
- Portal can also be used to bypass an area which contains a lot of security nodes and access to the base's resources directly.
- Using Portal to created a starting point deeper in the network will allow you more time when downloading resources and the Core.
- Protect your Portal - the network will attempt to recapture the node instantly. Attack can not be started from the portal once it has been recaptured.
- Beware of Scanners - since Portal takes a long time to install, Scanners may alert the network before you are able to completely install Portal on a node.
|Hackers Wikia - Programs List|