The Protector is a Brute Force Defensive Program which protects captured nodes against attacks from Security Nodes. The Protector will absorb damage equal to its Buffer Size. The Protector regenerates 7% per second of its total Buffer Size over time. Once the Buffer Size is depleted, the Protector will be removed from the node.
- Notes: While the Protector is technically allowed to upgrade at the Evolver levels displayed, the Capacity of B-coins that can be held at those levels may not be sufficient to purchase the upgrade.
More Info here: Max amount of B-coins at Core Level.
- A node that is guarded by the Protector will show a revolving white/magenta light around it. This light depletes as the Protector absorbs damage, is restored as the shield regenerates, and disappears completely when the shield is destroyed.
- Beware of Node Firewalls - The Node might be recaptured before the protector could be installed. Be sure to bring up ICE Walls and Shockers (Level 3 or above) to prevent its recapture.
- Protector shields are consumed after ICE Wall shields.
- Due to its regeneration, Programs that interrupt damage being inflicted to the Protector's shield can improve its effectiveness. These include Shocker, ICE Wall, Blaster and Wraith (If used on hostile defense)
- Protector can be used on a node that doesn't have a free slot to place it in. Doing so will remove the first installed Beam Cannon, Shuriken, Worm or ICE Wall
- The Protector in conjunction with the Shuriken can work well on a Guardian or well defended Core since they allow so many Security Nodes to be connected to them.
- A level 3 Shocker takes 0.5 seconds to install and shocks for 3.5 seconds. Installing a Shocker of level 3 or higher will ensure the successful install of a Protector placed immediately afterward. Be aware that Turret has a 0.5 second damage delay, and other security functions take even longer.
- See Offensive Strategies for additional tips.
|Hackers Wikia - Programs List|
ICE Wall Protector