Summary[edit | edit source]
fast and deletes enemy programs along the way. Upgrade it to make it stronger."
The maximum level a Sentry can be upgraded to is 21. The maximum number of Sentries you can have on your network is five. Unlike Business Nodes, there are no restrictions on deleting Sentry nodes from the network.
Antivirus Installation[edit | edit source]
In order to install an antivirus on a node, it must first be secured. Sentry nodes, along with any other nodes that have an antivirus installed, are able to secure neighboring nodes by sending data packets ("pulses"), represented as small black dots. The base of a node will gradually change from white to black as the node is secured. Once secured, the Sentry will complete the installation by sending a final and much larger pulse.
Higher levels of antivirus require fewer pulses to secure a node. Antivirus installation speed can be increased by having more than one connected node sending pulses. However, the final pulse will always add 1.5 seconds at the end, (1 second for the pulse plus 0.5 seconds to run the install,) regardless of how many connections are being used to secure a node.
Nodes installed with an antivirus will simultaneously spread to other nodes and attack connecting nodes that have been captured at a rate of once per second. A node with an antivirus will stop spreading and attacking if it has been captured. If a node is recaptured by the network, it will retain the original antivirus and continue spreading and attacking as usual.
Antivirus from a higher level Sentry will overwrite the antivirus produced by a lower level Sentry.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
- Notes: While the Sentry is technically allowed to upgrade at earlier levels than displayed, the $ Capacity that can be held at those levels is not sufficient to purchase the upgrade. "Required Core Level" displays the highest value of both "Core Level" and "Core Level required to purchase the appropriate Database(s)."
|1||250||8||5% per pulse|
|2||280||9||5% per pulse|
|3||310||10||~5.26% per pulse|
|4||340||12||~5.26% per pulse|
|5||380||14||~5.88% per pulse|
|6||420||16||~5.88% per pulse|
|7||470||19||6.25% per pulse|
|8||520||22||6.25% per pulse|
|9||580||25||~6.67% per pulse|
|10||640||28||~6.67% per pulse|
|11||710||32||~7.14% per pulse|
|12||790||37||~7.14% per pulse|
|13||875||43||~7.69% per pulse|
|14||970||49||~8.33% per pulse|
|15||1,080||57||~8.33% per pulse|
|16||1,200||65||~8.65% per pulse|
|17||1,330||75||~8.65% per pulse|
|18||1,475||86||~9.09% per pulse|
|19||1,635||99||~9.09% per pulse|
|20||1,815||114||10% per pulse|
|21||2,015||131||10% per pulse|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Level 1||Levels 2-3||Levels 4-5||Levels 6-7||Levels 8-9|
|Levels 10-12||Levels 13-15||Levels 16-18||Levels 19-21|
Tips[edit | edit source]
Placement / Amount[edit | edit source]
Having more than 3 Sentries can be ineffective on smaller networks, as other secured nodes can be used to spread the antivirus. If you have more than 3, consider swapping them for Business or Security nodes. As networks get larger, additional Sentries can help against specific attacks, such as Wraiths.
Sentries that are connected to secured nodes such as the Turret or Black ICE will help the antivirus spread quickly through your network. If your secured defenses are spread out, use additional sentries to ensure that all your nodes install the antivirus before an attacker reaches them.
Tips for Offense[edit | edit source]
- The faster you take down Sentry nodes, the better. Try to stop the antivirus spreading over the network by capturing nodes quickly.
- Sentries that are too close to a netConnection are especially vulnerable to attack programs, as they can sometimes be captured before installing an antivirus.
- Networks with a single high-level sentry are especially vulnerable to Wraiths. Once this Sentry is wraithed, no antivirus will spread through the network.
Tips for Defense[edit | edit source]
- Sentries only start installing the antivirus program when a Brute Force hack is initiated.
- Multiple antivirus pulses can be used to secure a node for installation, but only the highest level of antivirus will be installed.
- Secured nodes can be used to spread the antivirus across your network quicker.
- Nodes that are being upgraded or have disabled by a Wraith will receive the antivirus, but will not spread it to other nodes and will not be able to attack with the antivirus.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Hackers Wikia - Nodes List|