Simulations were first added in the v1.030 update, allowing friends to connect to Facebook and perform simulations against other friendly networks. This was expanded in the v1.209 update, allowing all players to create and share simulation links directly from their network profile.
Simulations via Facebook can be used once every 4 hours and are only available while the players remain Facebook friends. Simulations via a created link do not have this time restriction and are valid indefinitely.
Connecting to Facebook
Players can connect their network to Facebook to simulate hacks against friends and view their Hacklogs. Networks can be connected and disconnected to and from Facebook via the options menu on the World Map. Networks can also be connected from the Network Logs and selecting the Friends tab. If you are not already connected, there will be an option to "Log in to Facebook."
Tapping either option brings up the Facebook login page. After logging in, a list of targets will appear, showing all Facebook friends who have also connected their Hackers accounts. If none of your current friends' profiles are connected to a Hackers account, then the friends list will remain empty. As of v1.034, a maximum of 250 friends can be displayed.
Initiating a Simulation
To initiate a simulation via Facebook, open the Friends tab, select a target and tap the red Simulation icon. This directs you to the target network and continues just as a standard hack, with the only exception being the red pulsing "SIMULATION" text beneath the "disconnect" option. Only one Facebook simulation attempt may be made per friend every four hours, but as with standard hacking, you may disconnect without placing any programs and before the timer counts down without any consequences, and reconnect at will.
As of v1.209, players can also initiate a simulation via SimLink. To do so, open your profile page from the main network screen by selecting the <i> icon. Tapping the Simulation button will copy your SimLink, allowing you to share it with other users. Tapping any SimLink apart from your own will start a simulation against that network. Shared simulation links can be accessed by any player and do not expire.
Simulations do not use up programs, but they must be compiled as with any other hack, as only programs currently stored in Program Libraries may be used for a simulation. Resources and reputation are not transferred through simulations, and the ReadMe is not available upon downloading the core.
Friends who are connected via Facebook can also view the hacks log of each friend via the Friends tab. This will take you to the Hacks tab of that player's network. The Security Log can also be accessed in the tab to the left. Just as with your own hacklog, all recent replays and details of hacks and defenses are available. You cannot access the other player's ReadMe file from here - only the network admin can view it. To return to the Friends tab, select the red [<<] button. Tapping the [x] will close the Network Logs completely. As of v1.034, disconnecting from a replay will return to the top of the tab in which the relay is stored.
Tips & Notes
- Simulations can be used to perform hacks against any network, even those at a much higher or lower level or rank.
- Simulations do not interrupt active administrators who are currently online.
- Simulations do not use up programs, but they must still be compiled prior to performing a simulation.
- Once a simulation is complete, the only effect of it is the replay in the hacklog. No reputation or resources are transferred, no access is given to the ReadMe file, and no programs are lost.
- Simulations are designed to test your friends' networks. If you have successfully hacked a friend in a previous simulation, try a new hack strategy. If you have been successfully hacked in a simulation by a friend, try a new network layout.
- Friends are listed in order of highest to lowest Reputation. Rank badges and reputation points are also displayed next to players listed in the Friends tab.
- Simulations ignore instances of 9SEC Shields and do not affect their status.
- As of Patch v1.034, Simulations no longer provide credit towards Daily Challenges.
|Hackers Wikia - Gameplay Topics|